Sunday, December 18, 2022

'SNL' snickers at Trump's NFTs in its cold open and on Weekend Update

I couldn't resist recapping last night's episode of "Saturday Night Live" for the Sunday entertainment feature today.* Last week's news deserves being laughed at, beginning with Trump NFT Cold Open.

Donald Trump (James Austin Johnson) gets help from Donald Trump Jr. (Mikey Day) and Kimberly Guilfoyle (Cecily Strong) to announce his collection of NFT digital trading cards.
There is nothing I can say about The Former Guy selling NFTs that Weekend Update didn't already say better, so watch Trump Launches NFT Trading Cards, FTX Founder Sam Bankman-Fried's Arrest.

Weekend Update anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che tackle the week's biggest news, like Marjorie Taylor Greene complaining that people can buy sex toys at Target.
Once again, mocking Kanye West makes this entry worthy of being an entertainment update. As for MTG, I suspect she's attacking Target on behalf of Walmart as much as for her own political career. As a loyal Target shopper, I'm not positively impressed.
I'm one of those who call Target "Tar-zhay" and shop there regularly, helping contribute the demise of both Sears and KMart. As I wrote once on my Facebook page, "between Walmart and KMart, I shop at Target."
The next segment had some science news, along with more about TFG: Weekend Update: Nuclear Scientists Achieve "Ignition", Trump vs. DeSantis GOP Civil War.

Weekend Update anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che tackle the week's biggest news, like a humpback whale traveling 3,000 miles with a broken spine.
My thought and feeling about TFG vs. DeSantis is that I wish they would both lose, one in the primary and the other in the general election.

Weekend Update continued on from there, including the first of two farewells to Cecily Strong, but I'm planning on saving those for a Christmas post. Instead, I'm going back to last year's cast for NFTs to conclude this entry.

A group (Jack Harlow, Pete Davidson, Chris Redd) performs a rap explaining cryptocurrency.
Hahaha, I've never liked Pete Davidson as much as when he's doing an Eminem parody.

Stay tuned for my annual celebration of Hanukkah.

*Besides, it makes for easy blogging so I can return to grading final exams. Four classes down, one to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment