Sunday, November 28, 2021

Daveed Diggs and Jimmy Kimmel on 'Puppy for Hanukkah'

Happy Hanukkah!* For this year's observance, I'm following through on my suggestion to myself last year: "there is a lyric video that I can use next year. Nothing like being an environmentalist who conserves his resources!" Here is "Puppy for Hanukkah" by Daveed Diggs.

I want a puppy for Hanukkah! And I'm gonna get just what I wanted! Check out the lyric video for Daveed Digg's single ”Puppy for Hanukkah!" for Disney Channel!
That was just as fun as I remember it.

I'm also recycling Jimmy Kimmel, who interviewed Diggs about 'Puppy for Hanukkah' among other topics in Daveed Diggs on Celebrating “Meat Fest,” Writing a Hanukkah Song & The Little Mermaid Remake.

Daveed talks about working during the pandemic, celebrating “Meat Fest” with his family and friends, writing a Hanukkah song for kids, being cast as Sebastian the crab in the new live action remake of The Little Mermaid, Lin-Manuel Miranda, his Disney-Pixar movie Soul, and playing in the high school band.
That was worth watching, even eleven months later, as I learned more about Diggs than I knew about him beyond his roles in "Hamilton." It also justifies this post doing double duty as the Sunday entertainment feature. No serious educational content about the holiday today!


Stay tuned for Cyber Monday.

*A bit early for my readers in the Western Hemisphere, since the holiday begins at sundown and it's late morning in Michigan as I write this, but the sun has already set in Jerusalem, so it counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment