Thursday, September 28, 2017

Samantha Bee and Trevor Noah win one Emmy Award each


I told my readers to "Stay tuned for more about the Emmy Awards after another driving update."  I took care of the driving update yesterday, so it's time to follow up on 'Last Week Tonight With John Oliver' leads variety talk shows at the Primetime Emmy Awards.

I'll write about "Last Week Tonight With John Oliver" tomorrow.  Today, I'm featuring the other winners who host variety talk shows, beginning with “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee Presents Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner,” which won Outstanding Writing for a Variety Special.  I was rooting for either Bee or Stephen Colbert and I got my wish.  Here she is with the rest of her winning writing team in Gold Derby's Samantha Bee (Full Frontal) Exclusive 2017 Emmy Awards Press Room Winner Interview.

Samantha Bee (Not the White House Correspondents Dinner), 2017 Emmy winner for Variety Special Writing. She won at the Creative Arts Emmys ceremony in downtown Los Angeles on September 9. She and her team are on stage in the press room answering questions.
Congratulations to Bee and her fellow writers on winning their first Emmy Award!

Also winning his first Emmy Award was Trevor Noah and “The Daily Show – Between the Scenes” for Outstanding Short Form Variety Series.  I had been rooting for "The Star Wars Show," but I did write that I'd be O.K. with Noah pulling off an upset, which he did.  Unfortunately, he wasn't there to accept the award, so I'm sharing Trevor Noah Accepts the Award for Best Host at the MTV Movie & TV Awards instead.

Trevor Noah accepts the Best Host award for 'The Daily Show' at the 2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards.
Like Bee, Noah credits Trump as the inspiration for his comedy.  May we all be able to laugh at him as much as Bee and Noah do.

Speaking of laughing at Trump, here is Between the Scenes - Trump Praises Nonexistent Country “Nambia.”

Trevor looks at President Trump's "Nambia" gaffe from the African perspective.
Once again, congratulations!

Stay tuned for my reports on the Emmy Awards won by "Last Week Tonight With John Oliver" tomorrow and "Saturday Night Live" Friday, which will be the last post of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment