Friday, September 1, 2017

Infidel 753 and I discuss zombies


I framed Kunstler and I discuss zombies and bags of dog poop with an observation about my commenting habits.
I've been posting my saved comments other blogs to my Dreamwidth account and found three of them that are responses to the blogger or his readers about zombies.  Today, I'll post the shortest, which was a reaction to James Howard Kunstler on Death to All Zombies!...I'll get around to posting the other two later.  When?  Before "Fear the Walking Dead" returns next month.
Here's the second of the three comments, which I left at Horror movie legislation.  The quoted sentences are Infidel 753.
"These are the people who would survive a zombie apocalypse -- they wouldn't even qualify as snacks." Only if it's full of George Romero zombies who want brains. If those zombies ran into them, they'd walk in the other direction. If they're Walking Dead zombies, they don't care. They just want the flesh and these people would be among the first to die.

"I wonder if zombies can be poisoned?"  The original Haitian zombies probably got that way by being poisoned.  There is evidence that blowfish/pufferfish toxin can put people into comas that look like death, but that people can revive from with nerve damage.  Add a belief about zombies, and someone so poisoned might believe they died and came back as a zombie.  That's not really an answer to your question, as we're dealing with American science-fiction/horror zombies, not the original Haitian variety.

The answer is most likely not.  It would only work with the zombies that never died before changing, like the ones in "World War Z," "28 Days Later," and "I am Legend."  Those are alive but transformed by the disease agent, not undead.  Poison would likely work on them, just not fast enough (those are all fast zombies, too).  The ones that died first, like in "The Walking Dead," are almost certainly immune.  That's one advantage that slow zombies have over fast ones.

Yes, I know too much about zombies.

"Pinku: Well, it's nice to have the testimony of an expert.:-) "


I guess I am.  Too bad it's on a topic that only exists in fiction.

P.S. I've told "too dumb to be of interest to zombies" joke before in Next Media Animation on Canada leaving the Kyoto Protocol, plus a Rick Perry joke.  Stay tuned for the post about the Emmy nominees I promised in "13th" vs. "O.J.: Made in America" plus other non-fiction political programs nominated at the Primetime Emmy Awards.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad it's on a topic that only exists in fiction.

    Hey, if we can have Klingon-language experts and even speakers, we can have zombie experts. At least, I hope so. I know enough about all kinds of things that don't exist that I can at least use it as political metaphor. That's got to be worth something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, although the fact that people actually speak Klingon makes the language real, even if it doesn't make Klingons themselves real. As for using a fictional construct useful as a political metaphor, that's what the next post in the series will be about.

      Delete