Thursday, May 19, 2022

Meyers and Colbert take closer looks at Madison Cawthorn losing his primary

I couldn't resist one more look at Tuesday's primaries, this time focusing on North Carolina. I begin with Seth Meyers' monologue Madison Cawthorn Ousted After Relentless GOP Campaign to Take Him Down: A Closer Look.

Seth takes a closer look at North Carolina Republican congressman Madison Cawthorn, one of the most vocal proponents of Donald Trump's big lie about the 2020 election, losing his GOP primary last night despite Trump’s endorsement.
I'm with Seth. I thought Cawthorn's allegations were B.S. until I saw the GOP leadership's reaction. Then I suspected there might be something to them. Also, the campaign to oust him from Congress reminds me of "dinghy lovebirds" Cindy Gamrat and Todd Courser, who were were chased out of the Michigan legislature because of their mutual scandal. May Cawthorn not try to repeat their career path, as they failed to regain their lost seats. I think the same thing would happen to him if he tries to get back into politics, despite the support of The Former Guy.

I know I wrote "That's it for the Pennsylvania primary," but I couldn't resist one more comedic look as Stephen Colbert asked Who Won The PA GOP Senate Primary? | North Carolina Says Farewell To Madison Cawtho[rn].

While Rep. Madison Cawthorn was the clear loser in the North Carolina primary, as of our taping time the results were still too close to call in the Pennsylvania GOP Senate primary pitting Dr. Mehmet Oz against David McCormick.
The Former Guy would tell Dr. Oz to declare victory. It worked so well for him. *snort*

Now I'm done with the results of this week's primary elections until the recount of the contest between Oz and McCormick!

No comments:

Post a Comment