Friday, May 13, 2022

'The History of The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror' from ReviewTyme on Friday the 13th

It's Friday the 13th! This year, instead of exploring the psychology and history of the day, I'm taking a cue from one of my Halloween themes, the Haunted Mansion, by blogging about the other spooky attraction, the Tower of Terror, which was found at four Disney theme parks on three continents, now three parks but still on three continents. For an overview of the ride in all of its locations, watch ReviewTyme's The History of The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror.

You are the passengers on a most uncommon elevator about to ascend into your very own episode of The Twilight Zone.

On July 22nd, 1994 - the Hollywood Tower Hotel was opened to the public. It was and still is an absolute modern marvel of an attraction that completely changed how the industry viewed thrill rides. This is the history of The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror.
I plan on covering the technology of the attraction and Tokyo DisneySea's version of the ride in future Friday the 13th or Halloween installments. In the meantime, I have a drink recipe video for today's theme, Monster Movie Happy Hour "Twilight Zone" cocktail.

The crew step back in time to 1960 and help celebrate the 60th anniversary of the premiere of Rod Serling's "The Twilight Zone" tv series.
The technology used to replace the actual background with the images of a 1960s living room and kitchen looks like the one I use on Zoom, where the programming is very good at recognizing what's me, but not so good at keeping any inanimate object I'm holding in the picture if it's not directly in front of me. I played "magic tricks" on my students last semester by making my smartphone disappear when I moved it off to my side. Still, I found this an interestingly conceived and executed video, despite the low budget effects, and subscribed to the channel. I can always use more entertaining drink recipes!

Enough fantasy and entertainment. I will return to reality tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment