Thursday, October 27, 2022

A Halloween concert from Broken Peach

One of my Halloween traditions on this blog is to share songs by Broken Peach. I'm continuing that tradition by embedding Broken Peach - The Night Of The Halloween Specials (Live), which includes all of their Halloweeen songs.

This concert was recorded on September 28, 2022, completely live in one take, completely self-produced and edited by the band and their crew.
I held off on posting this entry until this video came out. It was worth the wait.

Next, this year's Halloween Special, Don't You Want Me.

"Don't You Want Me" is a song by British synthpop group The Human League (credited on the cover as The Human League 100). It was released on 27 November 1981 as the fourth single from their third studio album, Dare (1981). The band's best known and most commercially successful song, it was the biggest selling UK single of 1981, that year's Christmas number one, and has since sold over 1,560,000 copies in the UK, making it the 23rd-most successful single in UK Singles Chart history. It topped the Billboard Hot 100 in the US on 3 July 1982, where it stayed for three weeks.
I'll be frank, I'm not a big fan of this song. I got sick of hearing it 40 years ago and it didn't help that I crashed my mom's car while the song played on the radio. Luckily, I was unhurt, my mom wasn't too upset at me, and the car survived. Also, the other driver got a ticket, not me. Whew! However, Broken Peach might get me to like it.

The band from Vigo, Galicia, Spain has included horror elements in their videos of their original non-Halloween songs. Watch Broken Peach - Like A Gale (Official Video) to see for yourself.

"Like A Gale" is a song written, arranged, produced and mixed by Broken Peach.
I think that hits the right mix of stylish, sexy, and creepy.

For today's drink, I'm going to be a good environmentalist by recycling Sandra Lee - Pink Elephant Cocktail inspired by "Pink Elephants on Parade."

Originally aired as part of the "Cottage Chic" episode (Episode SH0807H) on the Food Network, June 16th, 2007.

Ingredients
• 1 part white cranberry juice
• 1 part berry vodka
• 1/2 part raspberry liqueur (recommended: Chambord)
• 1/2 part Limoncello
Directions
To a shaker full of ice, add all ingredients. Shake well and pour into chilled martini glasses.
Drink responsibly and stay tuned for more Halloween posts through the end of the month. Trick or treat!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to everyone coming here from Infidel753's Link round-up for 30 October 2022! Thank you for stopping by! Also, thanks to Infidel753 for turning me on to Broken Peach in the first place!

    ReplyDelete