Sunday, October 30, 2022

David Pumpkins returns as 'Saturday Night Live' celebrates Halloween 2022

Last night's "Saturday Night Live" had enough content for two posts, a fun holiday celebration today and a more serious but still funny look at the 2022 election, Elon Musk buying Twitter, and other current issues tomorrow. I continue going full spooky season with David Pumpkins Returns - SNL.

A terrifying prison tour ride tries to spook its riders (Jack Harlow, Ego Nwodim, Andrew Dismukes) with an original character, David S. Pumpkins (Tom Hanks).
HAHAHAHA! That was hilarious and worth the revival.

For comparison, here's the original, which has accumulated twenty-three million page views over the past six years.

A haunted elevator attraction tries to spook its riders (Beck Bennett, Kate McKinnon) with an original character, David Pumpkins (Tom Hanks). [Season 42, 2016]
I can see why it's a classic and I can't believe it took me until now to watch this. I should have viewed it years ago.

Follow over the jump for the rest of the purely holiday Halloween sketches from last night's show; the political ones I'm saving for tomorrow.

The holiday festivities continue with Halloween Red Carpet Show - SNL.

Hosts of a red carpet special (Cecily Strong, Mikey Day) interview people wearing their Halloween costumes.
I'm glad to see Cecily Strong return this season. I have another video featuring her that I'm saving for tomorrow.

Next, Joker Wedding - SNL.

A wedding goes off the rails when the best man shows up in costume.
I wasn't sold on this skit until Jeff Probst appeared. The former big "Survivor" fan in me thought that made a great punchline.

Stay tuned for more SNL tomorrow. In the meantime, David S. Pumpkins has inspired me to share Creamsicle Pumpkin Punch from Tipsy Bartender.



A glass pumpkin loaded with booze

Longtime readers knew I'd eventually share one of Skyy John's recipes.

Drink responsibly and stay tuned for part two, which has Halloween content in the middle of all the politics and current events, tomorrow. Trick or treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment