Monday, October 31, 2022

'SNL' shares scary news for Halloween 2022

Happy Halloween! I closed David Pumpkins returns as 'Saturday Night Live' celebrates Halloween 2022 by telling my readers "stay tuned for part two, which has Halloween content in the middle of all the politics and current events, tomorrow. Trick or treat!" I open, like the show did, with PBS NewsHour-Republican Momentum Cold Open - SNL.

PBS NewsHour host Judy Woodruff (Heidi Gardner) interviews Republican candidates Herschel Walker (Kenan Thompson), Dr. Oz (Mikey Day) and Kari Lake (Cecily Strong) as their numbers continue to surge in the polls.
As I wrote yesterday, "I'm glad to see Cecily Strong return this season. I have another video featuring her that I'm saving for tomorrow." This is that video, where she nails another politician. She also nails Arizona, "the Florida of the West." Now I hope my daughter votes against her and for Katie Hobbs next week.

Not only is the 2022 election scary, so is 2024, as satirized in Horror Movie Trailer - SNL.

A horrifying movie trailer depicts the scariest outcomes for the 2024 election.
Re-nominating Joe Biden might be scary, but all the other potential candidates mentioned were even scarier, so back to Biden we go. I'm OK with that.

For the rest of the news worth making fun of, I'm sharing Weekend Update: Elon Musk Buys Twitter, Companies Cut Ties with Kanye West - SNL.

Weekend Update anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che tackle the week's biggest news, like John Fetterman and Dr. Oz facing off in a senate debate.
'SNL' shares Easter wishes in its cold open included a Weekend Update clip about Elon Musk buying Twitter, but I haven't said anything about since because I wasn't sure it would happen and I wanted to see how would work out if it did. It has and so far I'm not positively impressed. I'm not surprised about that, either.

Follow over the jump for the rest of the political clips from this past weekend's show.

I'm continuing with Weekend Update: Drunk Uncle on Why He Hates Halloween - SNL.

Drunk Uncle (Bobby Moynihan) stops by Weekend Update to discuss why he doesn’t like to celebrate Halloween.
I was just waiting for him to yell "Get off my lawn" but I guess the character isn't old enough yet for that to work.

I also haven't said anything myself about Kanye West since 'SNL' shows the week's headlines are enough to make you snap, but "SNL" did in Skechers Commercial - SNL.

In an ad for Skechers, the company responds to Kanye West showing up to their building unannounced.
As I wrote in 'SNL' on Thanksgiving, "This clip serves as another demonstration of the commercials parodies being one of the best parts of 'SNL.' When they're on, they're on, and this one was ON!" Also, I wear Skechers and I approve this message, parody or not.

I conclude today's post with Tipsy Bartender's Halloween Freak-Shake.



It's a wild and scary milkshake

I think that would be scary for me only because of my diabetes. Otherwise, it looks like fun.

That's it for Halloween, but spooky season continues for one more day with Day of the Dead. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment