Monday, February 20, 2017

The Resistance for (Not My) Presidents Day


On Presidents Day two years ago, I decided to take a day off from DOOM!
I suppose I could post something about what our current president is doing to either cause, postpone, or prevent collapse, but I'm still not in an "all DOOM all the time" mood.
Instead, I posted a holiday greeting.  Last year, I focused on my favorite candidates for President in each party, who were visiting Michigan.  This year, I've decided to write about what our current President is doing to hasten collapse, but I'll let members of The Resistance explain for me.  Given a choice between covering Trump and The Resistance, I choose The Resistance.

Here is Al Jazeera English's US: Thousands march against Trump ahead of President's Day, which is their summary of last week's A Day without Immigrants.

Thousands of people have taken to the streets in the US protesting President Donald Trump and his policies.

Polls show Trump has the lowest approval rating of any president in history at this stage in his term of office.

Al Jazeera’s Rob Reynolds reports from Los Angeles.
The Inquisitr also covered these rallies and includes notifications of Not My President's Day rallies in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago today.  May they be peaceful and well attended.

No comments:

Post a Comment