Monday, June 6, 2022

Company Man asks 'The Decline of Forever 21...What Happened?' — a tale of the Retail Apocalypse

It's been more than two months since I last wrote about the Retail Apocalypse in Retail Archaeology thinks 'The End Is Near' for Sears and Kmart, a tale of the Retail Apocalypse, so it's time I return to the topic with Company Man Mike asking The Decline of Forever 21...What Happened?

One of the country's biggest clothing stores has fallen on some tough times. This video talks about why Forever 21 has been having so much trouble.
Company Man Mike did a good job of summarizing the story of Forever 21 and updating what happened since I wrote CNBC explains why U.S. malls are disappearing, plus Forever 21 and Brooks Brothers saved for now, tales of the Retail Apocalypse and pandemic on March 5, 2021. In particular, I like his list of liabilities for the company.


I also appreciated that Company Man Mike mentioned the environmental costs of fast fashion. That's something that's important to me.

I have another video about the Retail Apocalypse to share from Erik of Retail Archaeology. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment