Thursday, June 2, 2022

Samantha Bee reminds us that 'Congress Has the Power to Stop Mass Shootings'

I concluded the body of Jimmy Kimmel's reactions to last week's school shooting yesterday with "While I'm done with the late-night hosts on the broadcast networks reacting to the tragedy, I still have cable hosts to examine. Stay tuned." I begin this part of the series with Samantha Bee reminding her viewers Congress Has the Power to Stop Mass Shootings.

We’re pretty deep in denial if we don’t think guns and lax gun laws are making this problem infinitely worse.
Tell us what you really think, Sam. Seriously, she has a lot more to say about guns and she said most of them in Full Frontal Wants to Take Your Guns - Full Special last year. It's sad but amazing how timely it still is.

Full Frontal with Samantha Bee presents ‘Full Frontal Wants To Take Your Guns,’ a special to address how America’s gun problem got this bad, and what we as citizens of this glorious mess can do to help fix it.
That's certainly a comprehensive, if comedic, explanation of the problem and an agenda to deal with it, including federal funding of studies of gun violence. I also found the comparison to traffic, and deaths in 2020 striking as well as the deregulated deathmobile her show deconstructed to make the point about auto safety. The last time I featured a car like that, I was blogging about Mad Max and I don't think even those cars were as deadly for their drivers as this monstrosity!

I will probably finish this series tomorrow with clips from The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment