Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Colbert's monologue examined security leaks, Justice Thomas, and Tennessee expelling two legislators

I opened MSNBC interviews ProPublica about Justice Thomas's unreported vacations paid for by Harlan Crow with a reminder.
I left a note for myself in the middle of James Austin Johnson's 'Trump' hijacks the Last Supper on 'SNL' for Easter when I wrote "This clip covered lots of news, including Clarence Thomas and his wife Ginni taking trips on Harlan Crow's yacht and the expulsion of two Tennessee legislators for protesting gun violence, that I should blog about."
Stephen Colbert examined both of those topics and more in Top-Secret Pentagon Docs Leak | Clarence Thomas Didn’t Report Gifts | Tennessee GOP Denies Racism.

Leaks of government intelligence reports have created a full-blown international crisis, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas appears compromised by decades of undisclosed luxury gifts from a Hitler-loving GOP donor, and the Republican-led legislature in Tennessee claims race played no factor in the expulsion of two Black lawmakers.
After sharing MSNBC's serious takes on Clarence Thomas and his suspect ethics yesterday, it was time I found some humor in the situation. It was also time I devoted some blogging space to the antics of the Tennessee legislature. As for Discord, this is the kind of bad behavior that might have induced the service to change its privacy policy (H/T Infidel753). The participants in 2017's Weimar moment in Charlottesville used Discord to organize as well. I should research this change, but I wouldn't be surprised if I found out that Discord made it either at the behest of law enforcement or to discourage people from using its service for criminal activity — maybe both.

This story reminds me that I run a Discord server for this blog and one of my New Year's resolutions was to get more users. I have to do some more work with roles and channels first. Still, if you're interested, leave a comment below or send me a message on Facebook through the Crazy Eddie's Motie News page.

Stay tuned, as I plan on returning tomorrow with Colbert interviewing the Artemis II crew for Yuri's Night. I won't miss it this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment