We know the former president spoke to Kevin McCarthy and Jim Jordan as the January 6th insurrection unfolded, but his missing phone records leave a lot of open questions. Elsewhere in Washington, Republican congressman Madison Cawthorne's allegations of cocaine use and orgies among lawmakers have drawn rebukes from members of his party.The person in charge of the show's YouTube channel neglected to mention that the first half of the monologue focused on Putin's war on Ukraine. The material about The Former Guy's missing phone records begins about halfway through. The lack of records certainly looks suspicious.
Stephen opened Tuesday's show with his and the show's writers speculating on This Is Who T**** Called During The Capitol Insurrection.
Ordering a pizza for someone who isn't expecting one is a well-know hacker prank. Imagining that the prankster is also trying to poison the target is something much more sinister. That The Former Guy has such a bad reputation that anyone would think it's funny is scary!
The night before, Stephen's first segment at the host desk was Ginni Thomas's Texts To Meadows Are Full Of B-Movie Quotes And Conspiracy Theories.
The Jan 6th committee wants to hear from two people who may have committed crimes in their efforts to help the former president overturn Joe Biden's electoral victory: disgraced attorney John Eastman, and Ginni Thomas, wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.That all sounds even loopier than I expected, although I shouldn't be surprised after listening to double Razzie winner Mike Lindell. I just had hope that the wife of a Supreme Court Justice would be less susceptible to conspiracy theories. Nope, she's not.
I'm sure this won't be the last I'll write about the investigation into last year's attempted self-coup. In the meantime, follow over the jump for the top posts about it and the other attempts to overturn the 2020 presidential election from the eleventh year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News.
Colbert, Kimmel, and 'The Daily Show' remember January 6th from January 7, 2022 earned ~4,800 default and 4,924 raw page views by March 20, 2022. It earned those page view after I shared the link at the Coffee Party USA Facebook page. That was enough to make it the fourth most read entry during the eleventh year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News and the most read entry during January 2022, as well at the most popular post about the attempt to overturn the 2020 election during the blogging year just ended.
Federal judge in Michigan sanctions Trump lawyers for abusing the legal process to undermine democracy, posted August 26, 2021, earned 2,945 raw page views by March 20, 2022, enough for eighth place according to that measure, but failed to appear in the default top twenty for the blogging year. I shared the link at the Coffee Party USA Facebook page and Infidel753 shared it at his blog, but that only accounted for half of the post's page views over the past year. It was the top post of August 2021 and the fourth most read entry of September 2021. It ended the 2021 calendar year in eighth place according to raw page views with 2,391. It has continued to gain page views since then, reaching 2,996 page views by March 31, 2022, which the image above rounds to 3K (3,000).
Returning to "The Late Show," Colbert and Klobuchar on the insurrection one year later from January 6, 2022 earned ~1,030 default and 1,167 raw page views by March 20, 2022, enough for it to rank nineteenth according default page views and 28th among all posts during the eleventh blogging year and 25th among entries posted between March 21, 2021 and March 20, 2022. It earned most of those page views by being shared at the Coffee Party Facebook page. It was also the third most read entry during January 2022.
The last post for today's topic is Colbert and Meyers lampoon 'Italygate' and debunk Trump's backwards pants from June 9, 2021. It earned 1,036 raw page views mostly by being shared at the Coffee Party Facebook page. Those were enough for it to be the second most read entry during June 2021 and the 32nd most read entry overall and the 29th most read according to raw page views among entries posted during the eleventh year of this blog.
*This is not the top post of the blogging year just ended. I plan on getting to that on Sunday. Stay tuned for it and another retrospective tomorrow for Flashback Friday on April Fools Day. Holidays, anyone?
Previous posts in this series
- Happy International Day of Nowruz 1401 (2022) and happy 11th birthday to Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Statistics for the eleventh year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Washington Post on whistleblowing and WHAS11 on Rand Paul testing positive for coronavirus update the top post from the ninth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Michigan to mail ballots and $400 million for elections in coronavirus stimulus bill update the election news and views for the ninth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- CNBC's 'Why Coronavirus May Change How Americans Vote' updates pandemics and outbreaks for the ninth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News
- Seth Meyers updates late-night talk show hosts on the 2020 election and its aftermath for Throwback Thursday on April Fools Day
- Weekend Update on Sidney Powell being sued by Dominion updates 'SNL' on the 2020 election and its aftermath for Throwback Thursday
- The Capitol Police Inspector General's report on the preparation for January 6 riot updates Election 2020 and its aftermath for Throwback Thursday
- Brad Parscale working with Caitlyn Jenner updates the Trump Campaign's 'Death Star' for the Revenge of the Sixth on Throwback Thursday