Friday, November 10, 2023

Seth Meyers, 'The Daily Show,' and FiveThirtyEight take silly and serious closer looks at the third GOP debate

I closed Meyers and Kimmel take closer looks at Ivanka Trump testifying, election results, and the third GOP debate for World Freedom Day with an observation and a tease.
Apparently, the highlight of last night's debate was Nikki Haley calling Vivek Ramaswamy "scum," Between that and her telling him "Every time I hear you, I feel a little bit dumber from what you say" in the second Republican debate, it's obvious that she doesn't like him.

I might have more on the debate tomorrow, but then the actors strike ended today. Stay tuned to see which shiny object I write about Friday.
I decided to blog about the debate, but I'm keeping my options open to write about the end of the SAG-AFTRA strike later, just like I did on Wednesday, posting both CityNerd asks 'Urbanism: Insidious Globalist Conspiracy or Self-Evident Common Sense?' for World Urbanism Day and CityNerd asks 'Urbanism: Insidious Globalist Conspiracy or Self-Evident Common Sense?' for World Urbanism Day. What can I say? It's been a busy news week.

I begin with Seth Meyers in Haley Calls Ramaswamy "Scum," Ramaswamy Calls GOP "Losers," DeSantis Flails: A Closer Look.

Seth takes a closer look at Ivanka trying to distance herself from Trump as he remains the GOP frontrunner after a fiery and pointless debate last night.
Yes, Ambassador Haley, tell us how you really feel about Ramaswamy.

Sarah Silverman, Dulcé Sloan, and Desi Lydic had more to say on The Daily Show in Haley, Ramaswamy Throw Down at GOP Debate.

Desi Lydic and Dulcé Sloan join Sarah Silverman to recap Trump's rally, and the latest GOP debate, including Nikki Haley and Vivek Ramaswamy's on-stage feud, the candidates' shared love of warmongering, and Tim Scott's girlfriend reveal.
I don't need TFG to give Haley an insulting nickname; I already have one for her. Too bad TFG probably doesn't know enough about the late artist formerly known as Prince to get the reference. Speaking of TFG, any time he tells a story about someone crying and calling him "Sir," it's bullshit. Don't believe a word of it.

I close this post with a mostly serious look at the debate, Haley takes on Ramaswamy and DeSantis in third GOP debate | FiveThirtyEight Politics Podcast.

The crew reacts to the third Republican primary debate in this late-night edition of the 538 Politics podcast.
I'm glad they found the substance under all the smoke, not that it would convince me to vote for any of them. I left the GOP in 2000 and never looked back.

Stay tuned to see if I blog about the end of the actors strike or skip ahead to Veterans Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment