Wednesday, November 29, 2023

John Oliver examines dollar stores, a tale of the Retail Apocalypse

I haven't written a post focusing on dollar stores since May 2019, more than four years ago. That's a long time, although the pandemic intervened. It's time to return to the topic with Dollar Stores: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO).

John Oliver discusses dollar stores and why Irish Spring is not his soap of choice.
Yikes! After watching this, I don't know if I want to shop at a dollar store again, not that I recall doing so this decade or last.

By the way, this video was my second choice for Black Friday/Buy Nothing Day. My first choice, Company Man asks 'The Decline of Rite Aid...What Happened?' A tale of the Retail Apocalypse for Black Friday/Buy Nothing Day, turned out well. It's currently the most read entry this month, thanks to Steve in Manhattan linking to this post in Mike's Blog Roundup at Crooks & Liars. That brought in 292 page views, raising the entry's total page views to 446 default and 451 raw for the month so far. I don't know if this post would have done any better, although I'm planning on sharing it at the Coffee Party USA/Citizen Connect Facebook page on Friday to find out.

Stay tuned for the final post for November 2023, which should be more late-night comedians commenting on current events. Maybe the House will finally expel George Santos. We should be so lucky, although the talk show hosts will miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment