Friday, November 3, 2023

Meyers, Colbert, and Kimmel take more closer looks at Don Jr. and Eric testifying and George Santos surviving another expulsion vote

I'm returning to the comedy well today because Don Jr. testified another day, leading to Seth Meyers describing Trump "Livid" About NY Fraud Trial as Don Jr. Gets Grilled by Prosecutors: A Closer Look.

Seth takes a closer look at Donald Trump Jr. testifying in the fraud trial against his family's business that he had virtually nothing to do with his own company's financial documents, despite personally signing them.
As I wrote yesterday, "Pass the popcorn."

I did write that I might return with more Colbert today, but not Adam Kinzinger, although he's still on my to-do list.* Instead, I'm embedding last night's monologue, World’s Longest Zucchini | Trump Kids Take the Stand | George Santos Survives Expulsion Attempt.

Stephen examines an extra-long Canadian zucchini, looks at courtroom sketches of Donald Trump’s children testifying at their father's civil trial, and thanks Congress for voting not to expel Republican Rep. George Santos.
Before I address the rest of the monologue, I'm sharing Tim Curry - The Zucchini Song as my response.


Saturday Night Live should post that clip on the show's YouTube channel. It deserves a better quality upload and would be even more hilarious.

Don Jr. may or may not have inherited his father's business sense or lack thereof, but he certainly inherited his vanity. In all my 64 years, I don't recall anyone being so concerned about how his courtroom sketches looked.

Jimmy Kimmel examined both the Trump sons testifying and George Santos surviving a vote to expel him in Trump’s Dumb Sons Testify in Fraud Trial & George Santos Lives to Scam Another Day.

It was hometown date night on “The Golden Bachelor,” the Texas Rangers beat the Arizona Diamondbacks last night to bring home their first ever World Series and Ted Cruz chimed in, Trump’s most embarrassing sons took the stand in the $250 million fraud case against their family business, Donny is planning to start another University called “The American Academy,” Congressman George Santos will live to scam another day after the House rejected a resolution to expel him from Congress, and there is a bombshell announcement from the American Ornithological Society in regards to naming birds.
Both Colbert and Kimmel have acknowledged what I've been writing about George Santos since January; he will be a great inspiration for comedy as long as he stays in the news. That's been one of my best and easiest predictions.

All I have to say about renaming North American bird species right now is that Kimmel shouldn't be giving Fox News any ideas. They have enough bad ones already.

I close with last night's cold open for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, The Trump Kids in America.

Eric, Donald Jr., and Ivanka Trump wrote a special song dedicated to the judges handling their father's civil fraud trial.
More popcorn, please.

*So is Pete Buttigieg, who was on last night. Maybe tomorrow, although I have both the end of Daylight Saving Time and the Sunday entertainment feature already on my agenda. Stay tuned to see what I blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment