Friday, February 1, 2013

Nablopomo for February: Love & Sex


What's this month's theme?
LOVE AND SEX

Romantic love, first kisses, sex symbols: We're getting hot and bothered over at BlogHer for February's NaBloPoMo. It's not just about Valentine's Day (though we'll also ask you to unpack past and present versions of the holiday). You'll think back on first crushes and reflect on current loves. You don't have to kiss and tell. We have plenty of prompts that allow you to be as coy with your heart as you need.
...
So start thinking about who makes your heart flutter and sign up for February's NaBloPoMo.
Yes, this blog has a sex label.  Yes, matters of reproduction and reproductive choice are on topic here, as is marriage equality.  Even so, I'm not very enthused about the theme for this blog.  I'd like it more if I were still using my LiveJournal as my primary blog, at least as the theme is expressed in the prompts.  That didn't stop me last month, when I enthusiastically subverted the Energy theme for my own purposes.

Maybe it's because February is a short month, which means my readership stats for the month will be down compared to January, when I had more than 10,000 page views, a record.  Also, I won't be able to blog every day during the last week of the month and will have to program posts in advance.  Either way, I'm lukewarm about the theme and will probably ignore it as much as possible.  That's OK.  The rules allow participants to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment