Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Discovery News on Global Warming vs. Climate Change


The internet at home has been having technical problems for the past two days, which is one of the reasons why I reblogged the Hipcrime Vocab: Why Slowing Population Growth is a Problem yesterday.  It was what I could manage to post given the time and resources available.  Those problems now seem to be resolved, but they don't leave me with much time today.  So, I'm posting this video from Discovery News about the different connotations of the phrases "global warming" and "climate change" along with the emotional responses they do (or do not) elicit and why people use them to exploit those reactions.

The Difference Between Global Warming & Climate Change

Ever wonder what the difference between "global warming" and "climate change" is? The terms are used interchangeably, yet people interpret the terms in different ways. Trace breaks down what the difference is, and talks about how we perceive the terms differently.
My comment--I wish science were not so politicized, but it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment