Friday, November 25, 2016

Eight years of President Obama pardoning turkeys


Happy Buy Nothing Day, my name for Black Friday.  I'm still in an "I can't be all DOOM all the time" mood, so I'm going to continue taking advantage of the holiday weekend to post something light-hearted, Obama's Top 10 Corniest Thanksgiving Turkey Jokes from the Wall Street Journal.  Don't worry about the sound cutting out; it will come back.

True to the decades-long tradition, the U.S. president pardons a Thanksgiving turkey at the White House every year. Watch President Obama’s top 10 most eye roll-worthy turkey-themed cracks of his presidency.
I am going to miss him, especially compared to his replacement.

2 comments:

  1. Fortunately, I don't believe President Obama is going to sit around painting pictures of his toes like his predecessor. Democratic presidents seem to make a lot more of their "retirement."

    Brings to mind a thought I had yesterday hearing of Uncle Fidel's passing. Jimmy Carter and George H W are probably going to pass in the next four years, not that I wish either of them anything but the best of health. I don't see Trump as the consoler in chief type. Can't imagine him doing so in theirs or in the case of any national tragedy. Obama and most of his predecessors did that well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Obama has plans to protect his legacy against Trump and help Democrats in the future. As for Trump being the "Consoler-in-Chief," I agree with you he's extremely poorly suited for the role. He might outsource it to Pence, who might actually have a talent for it, although he'll likely come off as sanctimoniously corny.

      Delete