Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Tipsy Bartender drinks for Thanksgiving 2016


Between recovering from post-election stress disorder and the upcoming holiday, I'm in another "I can't be all DOOM all the time" mood.  That I posted three entertainment entries in a row probably tipped my readers off about that, even if two of them were also about the election results.  Therefore, I'm continuing with posts on the lighter side by being a good environmentalist and recycling one of my ideas, Tipsy Bartender drinks for Thanksgiving.  Since I skipped doing this last year, instead focusing on parades, I'm going to present last year's recipes a year late, beginning with Mini Apple Pie Jello Shots.  Unlike past years, where pumpkin was the featured flavor, this year's videos feature apples.

The cutest little apple pie jello shots ever!
...
THANKSGIVING APPLE PIE JELLO SHOTS
Jello Mix:
2 1/2 Cup Apple Juice
3 Packs Gelatin
3/4 Cup Sugar
Dash of Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Fireball Whiskey
3/4 Cup Apple Vodka
Pie Crust
Another pie drink for American Thanksgiving!  As usual, everyone, including Skyy, is having way too good a time.

Follow over the jump for more, including the one recipe posted just this morning for this year's holiday.*

Next, Apple Margarita Cups.

The perfect margarita served inside an apple! It's awesome!
...
THANKSGIVING APPLE MARGARITA CUPS
Cut off top of Large Apples
Rim with Caramel Syrup and Cinnamon Sugar Mix
1 oz. (30 ml) Tequila
1 oz. (30 ml) Grand Manier
Top off with Apple Cider
Garnish:
Orange Pieces
Cinnamon Sticks
Mini Apple Slices
That looks like a cool party idea.

Speaking of cool party ideas using apples and booze, the final drink from last year is Devil's Jungle Juice.

The perfect mix for your thanksgiving feast!
...
DEVIL'S THANKSGIVING JUNGLE JUICE
4 Bottles Merlot
4 Bottles Red Moscato
2 Bottles Vodka
1 Cup Fireball Whisky
Fresh Cranberries
Grapefruit
Blood Oranges
Apple Slices
Cinnamon Sticks
Those are Red Delicious apples and I think they suck, too.  Give me Gala or Honey Crisp any day.

This year's recipe is in the same vein and it's even more vulgar, How to f*ck up your family on Thanksgiving.

Destroy your family with booze this Thanksgiving! This drink has no mixers!

THE PUNCH
2 Bottles Vodka
1 Bottle Rum
1 Bottle Coconut Rum
2 Bottles Sauvignon Blanc
2 Bottles Moscato
2 Bottles Sweet Moscato
None of the names work for me.  I'd have preferred "Tropical Thanksgiving Jungle Juice."

*It turned out to be a good thing I didn't post those last year.  Skyy is slowing down when it comes to holiday drinks.  As I noted in Drinks for Halloween 2016 from Tipsy Bartender, he posted at least three recipes for each holiday during the past few years, but this year he posted only one for Halloween.  I had to scrounge for other videos to fill out the entry.  I hope he doesn't do that for Christmas this year.  I'd find it disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment