Saturday, November 5, 2016

Fall back tonight, even if it may not be good for you, either


Tonight is the end of Daylight Saving Time, so remember to fall back, at least for those devices that don't do so automatically.  In the meantime, enjoy this clip I promised eight months ago in Spring ahead for Daylight Saving Time 2016!>
All of us will get our missing hour back in November.  Just wait.  I'll even have another fake movie trailer for it.
Here it is, Daylight Saving - Movie Trailer.

This November, they call it Daylight Saving but the thing that needs saving...is us! WHAT TIME IS IT?! #DaylightSavingMovie
It turns out that, not only can Daylight Saving Time be inconvenient, but that falling back can be almost as bad for people as springing ahead.  Newsy has the story in Daylight saving time could be bad for your brain.

Researchers found setting the clock back for winter led to a spike in depression for some people.
I used to like Daylight Saving Time, but I'm beginning to wonder if the dozen states considering getting rid of it have the right idea.

Stay tuned for Entertainment Sunday.  As I did for Halloween, I'll put the topic up for a vote--movie trailers, "The Walking Dead," or "Westworld."

4 comments:

  1. All I know is I better be on time to see Obama in Kissimmee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the movie trailer. I watched "Under the Dome" awhile ago. The overwrought emotions really reminded me of that.

    I'd always heard it was unhealthy to lose the hour in the Spring, not that there was a downside to gaining an hour. I gotta say there's nothing depressing about an extra hur of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blog mistress at "Your Daily Dose" posted it and its "Spring Ahead" companion video when they were new. I thought they were so hilarious that I decided to share them here. Glad you enjoyed it!

      It's not the falling back by itself that appears to be causing the trouble, but the apparent loss of an hour of sunlight. That causes SAD to appear soon afterwards.

      Delete