Wednesday, November 30, 2016

One last People's Choice nominees entry about songs in speculative fiction movies


"Stay tuned for the last entry of the month" was my message to conclude Speculative fiction in movies at the People's Choice Awards 2017.  I expected to return to reality.  Instead, I find I'm too exhausted from this month's news to rouse myself from my "I can't be in an all DOOM all the time" mood, so I'm going to indulge my interest in music from visual media today.

I voted for all the categories in the People's Choice Awards last night.  Having written about television and movies made it easy for me to vote for my favorites.  However, I'm not as up on pop music as I used to be, except for those artists that have songs in my favorite movies.  No surprise, I voted for Adele whenever I could in part because of her singing the theme to "Skyfall."  I also voted for Rihanna and Twenty One Pilots on the same basis, Rihanna because of her song in "Star Trek Beyond" and Twenty One Pilots because their song is my favorite in "Suicide Squad."  Here are those songs.

First, Sledgehammer (From The Motion Picture "Star Trek Beyond").


Next, Heathens (from Suicide Squad: The Album).


I fully expect one or both songs to be nominated at the Golden Globes and Academy Awards.  I wouldn't be surprised if other songs from "Suicide Squad" are also nominated.  The movie probably has the best compilation song soundtrack of any live-action movie this year.  May the music be at least as recognized as "Fifty Shades of Grey" was earlier this year.

That's it for this month.  I promise to return to reality after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment