Tuesday, November 23, 2021

'SNL' on Thanksgiving

I promised that I would celebrate Thanksgiving next and I'm following through with the Thanksgiving skits from this past weekend's "Saturday Night Live." I begin with the clip showing the preview image most befitting the holiday, Thanksgiving Baking Championship - SNL.

A group of contestants (Simu Liu, Kyle Mooney, Heidi Gardner, Sarah Sherman) have trouble impressing the judges as they compete in a Thanksgiving baking competition.
As a fan of Food Network competition shows, I found that hilarious and on point, if a bit disgusting at the end.

Next, the most viewed clip so far from the episode, Target Thanksgiving Ad - SNL.

A commercial advertises Target’s Thanksgiving deals for the entire family.
This clip serves as another demonstration of the commercials parodies being one of the best parts of "SNL." When they're on, they're on, and this one was ON!

It wouldn't be one of my "SNL" posts without a Weekend Update clip, so here's Weekend Update: Baby Yoda on the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade - SNL.

Baby Yoda (Kyle Mooney) stops by Weekend Update to discuss his Thanksgiving plans and dating life.
Here is the Baby Yoda/Grogu balloon that will be flying on Thursday.


As I wrote about Tipsy Bartender's Baby Yoda Cocktail, "it's so cute!"

I plan on posting more about the Macy's Parade tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment