Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The Cadets '12.25' for a drum corps Christmas


I told my readers to "Stay tuned for more holiday programming through the rest of this year and into the next as I celebrate Festivus, Christmas, and New Years" to conclude A joke and a song for Winter Solstice and Yule 2021. I'm following through by being a good environmentalist and recycling the concept behind Christmas music from the Cadets and Crazy Eddie's Motie News, itself a recycling of Christmas in July.
I present to you the 2012 Cadets Drum and Bugle Corps, who are performing a show they call "12.25." It's easily the most accessible show they've done this century and a lot of fun to watch and listen to. See how many Christmas-themed sets the corps forms during the show. I count at least two Christmas trees, a snowflake, a bow, a bell, and an ICHTHYS fish. How many do you see?
I begin by embedding "Carol of the Bells" - The 2012 Cadets, 12.25 from The Cadets YouTube channel.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy The 2012 Cadets playing "Carol of the Bells."
That's the opening of the show. The Cadets also uploaded a clip of the middle of the show, Cadets All Access - J. Birney Jingle.


I close the show with Drum Corps International's 2012 The Cadets.



2012 The Cadets - 12.25

Yes, I embedded this clip nine years ago, but I think it's held up well over the years. Besides, I'm an environmentalist; I recycle. Speaking of which, this show has become such a Christmas classic that there are at least three reaction videos to it and two other official uploads of the opener from The Cadets and DCI. As long as they all stay up, I have material for a drum corps Christmas until 2026. Let's hope conserving my resources doesn't backfire on me by having the videos taken down in the meantime.

Stay tuned for holiday festivities continuing tomorrow, as I celebrate Festivus. Feats of strength and airing of grievances!

No comments:

Post a Comment