Sunday, December 12, 2021

'SNL' opens with holiday greetings from Fauci and others

I accidentally began my Christmas posts with Debbie Allen accepts the Governors Award from the Television Academy after winning two Emmy Awards because those Emmy Awards were for "Dolly Parton's Christmas on The Square." I decided that was premature and started celebrating Thanksgiving the next day. With the return of "Saturday Night Live" last night featuring a strong holiday theme, I think it's time to return to Christmas in earnest.* I begin, as last night's show did, with Fauci Holiday Message Cold Open.

Dr. Anthony Fauci (Kate McKinnon) delivers a special holiday message about the Omicron variant with help from members of the CDC (Cecily Strong, Aidy Bryant, Kyle Mooney, Pete Davidson, Mikey Day, Melissa VillaseƱor, Heidi Gardner, Ego Nwodim, Bowen Yang, Andrew Dismukes, Sarah Sherman).
"SNL" is always timely, so making fun of the Omicron variant as the latest development of the pandemic is exactly what I expect. Speaking about what I expect, I don't expect much from Marjorie Taylor Green. She wouldn't know what communism is if the ghost of Karl Marx swatted her on the butt with "The Communist Manifesto."

Now on to the rest of the news with Weekend Update: Jussie Smollett Found Guilty.

Weekend Update anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che tackle the week's biggest news, like Biden announcing a diplomatic boycott of Beijing's Winter Olympics.
While I've ignored Smollett's false police report until now, the results of his trial alone qualify this post as the Sunday entertainment feature. I'd rather point to the pandemic and Olympics news in this segment as reasons I included it.

Weekend Update: Pot Sleep Study and Oreo Wine continued making fun of last week's news.

Weekend Update anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che tackle the week's biggest news, like a study revealing cats would be classified as psychopaths if they were humans.
As someone who has kept cats since I was eight, I can agree with that assessment of their personalities. That doesn't mean that I love my cat any less. As for the Oreo wine, it reminds me of these comments to Ta-ta, Tulsi, as Gabbard gives up:

Infidel753: Gaack! If there are any two things that don't go together, it's chocolate and alcohol.

Me: [T]hat's a matter of taste. I guess that means you're not a fan of Creme de Cacao.

I suspect Infidel would like Oreo wine even less.

This episode has a lot more holiday content, which I plan on saving for a future entry. Better yet, there will be another episode this Saturday, which should provide even more. Two bonus "SNL" holiday entries? That's one of the advantages to being an environmentalist who conserves his resources!

*It's a good day to start, as it's National Gingerbread House Day.


Stay tuned for more Christmas content, although probably not tomorrow. I have something else in mind.

2 comments:

  1. Fauci's 2019 planning for 'interventive worldwide distruption'.
    New Video Emerges of Dr. Fauci Discussing Universal Flu Vaccine From 2019 - Milken Institute
    1:51
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsCwPfsb7C4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about this reaction: It's a good thing he was thinking like that. It made us better prepared for SARS-COV2, which isn't a flu.

      Delete