Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall officially begins today

Solstices and Equinoxes

Huffington Post: Autumnal Equinox Kicks Off The Beginning Of Fall
Goodbye, sweet summer. The autumnal equinox kicks off the beginning of fall, and the end of a season cherished by most students.

In fact, you can expect the change to occur at 5:04am EDT on Friday, September 23, reports NBC-2 weather blog.
In addition to today being the Autumnal Equinox, the day more-or-less marks the half-anniversary of this blog, as the I posted the first entry on March 21st, the Vernal Equinox. Most people would have marked the half-anniversary on September 21st, but I decided to celebrate my birthday then. Besides, I'll trust in the planet itself to be a better marker of half-a-year than a calendar with months of unequal length.

2 comments:

  1. Dominionist Heliocentric Propaganda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snork*

    I think those people would prefer a geocentric universe with a flat Earth.

    ReplyDelete