Saturday, August 1, 2015

NABLOPOMO for August: KNOW


It's a new month so it's time for a new theme.  From the email.
.August's NaBloPoMo Theme: KNOW!

What do you know, and how well do you know it? I'm willing to bet that you're an expert on something, and thankfully, it's not the same old things that everyone seems to declare themselves an expert for.
...
So this month, we're pooling our knowledge. We're telling people what we know. We're listening to other people's thoughts. And we're learning something in the process.

You can read more about the new NaBloPoMo theme on our opening post.
More from the website.
Knowing what you know, what you really really know, is important because those skills become what you can teach. It's what you can pass along to another human being and make your mark on this world. Yes, we all have things that we know that we can pass along to others. I'm willing to bet that you do it every week through your blog whether you've thought about it like that or not.

So this month's theme is celebrating what you know. Pop over to #BlogHerU to learn more about experts. Back to school means reflecting on what you learned as a child. And maybe it's time to learn something new. To start a new project, learn a new language, take that cooking class.

To just know more.
This theme looks very promising.  In fact, this is right up my alley.  I love learning new things and love even more to pass along what I know.  Both of those, as well as dealing my feelings about collapse and living in Detroit, which "collapsed first and avoided the rush," are the reasons I keep this blog.  I hardly need an invitation to write about what I know, but I'll take it anyway.  I may even use the prompts.  Monday's prompt, write about three things I know, has me thinking already.  Check back to see if I use it.
Sign up for August's NaBloPoMo and tell us what you know.
I did the day the page was posted and am now sixteenth on the blogroll.  Yes, I'm that eager.

No comments:

Post a Comment