Monday, May 2, 2016

Theme for May 2016: SNAPSHOT


I've been using a snapshot label for the first two posts of this month without explanation.  BlogHer explains why in Give Us a Snapshot of Your Life with May's Writing Lab.
So what is the BlogHer Writing Lab theme this month?

SNAPSHOT

It's a busy time of the year. School is coming to a close, spring cleaning is underway, and brains are turning towards beach plans. So if you're taxed for time, you're going to love this month's theme.

Snapshots. You take them every day with your phone or camera. You capture moments in images. I'm not going to go into all the cliches about how pictures are worth a thousand words because you already know how much your photographs mean to you. All you need to do is take a quick perusal of Instagram to see how we connect over pictures.
I'm not primarily a photo blogger, although I just found out I have access to Google Photos and can post pictures from my smartphone there.  I might take advantage of that capability this month.  In the meantime, I'm more interested in statistical snapshots than photographic ones, so I'm as likely to post a graph or chart as I am an image.  As for the prompts, I'll pass.
So join the May BlogHer Writing Lab and give us a snapshot of your life.
I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment