Tuesday, November 17, 2020

John Oliver blows up 2020 after discussing Trump refusing to concede

I concluded 11 million COVID-19 diagnoses in U.S., another vaccine announcement, and Michigan 'pauses' to slow the pandemic, second update for November 2020 by writing "Maybe tomorrow I can post about the final episode of "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" for 2020 or something about entertainment instead of the COVID-19 pandemic or the election. Stay tuned." Well, it turned out that I'm blogging about what John Oliver said Sunday about the results of the election. Watch Trump & Election Results, an update to 'Last Week Tonight with John Oliver' examines the 2020 election results.

A week after Joe Biden’s win in the US presidential election, John Oliver discusses Donald Trump’s various attempts to overturn the results, why his claims don’t hold water, and the consequences of indulging him.
Since Trump inspired Oliver to recycle the subject, I'm going to recycle my reaction.
Trump hasn't progress[ed] very far along the stages of grief, as he keeps bouncing between denial and anger. I would have to look hard for signs of bargaining, although not showing his face in public for several days might be a symptom of depression. Acceptance? Forget it!
In the meantime, "I'm looking forward to not having to pay attention to Donald Trump again. I'll just have to wait until January 20, 2021 for that to be completely true."

After all that, it was time for the Season 7 Finale. I'm looking forward to Oliver blowing up 2020 the way he blew up 2016.

John gets a visit from a special friend, and gives 2020 the farewell it deserves.
“Let tomorrow be about solutions. Today is for vengeance.” I second that emotion and enjoyed it so much that I want to see it again.



As my wife said after watching it, "that was epic!" Yes, it was. Here's to 2021 being better, at least after January 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment