Sunday, November 8, 2020

'SNL' gives its satirical take on the election results

If it's Sunday during election season, it's time for Saturday Night Live. I begin with the #2 trending video on YouTube today, Biden Victory Cold Open - SNL.

Joe Biden (Jim Carrey) and Donald Trump (Alec Baldwin) give speeches after the conclusion of the 2020 presidential election.
First, that's the saddest rendition of "Macho Man" I've ever heard. Second, I think this is the best performance Jim Carrey has given as Joe Biden. Third, when he broke character and pulled out Ace Ventura, I really appreciated it. Finally, I'm looking forward to Maya Rudolph as Kamala Harris for the next four plus years.

Now for the news with punchlines — Weekend Update: Biden Wins 2020 Election.

Weekend Update anchors Colin Jost and Michael Che tackle the week's biggest news, like Trump claiming he will have to be dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming.
Just like Colin Jost, I'm looking forward to not having to pay attention to Donald Trump again. I'll just have to wait until January 20, 2021 for that to be completely true.

Speaking of losers, the next segment was Rudy Giuliani on Trump's Election Lawsuits, the #13 trending video on YouTube right now.

Rudy Giuliani (Kate McKinnon) stops by Weekend Update to discuss his strategies for Trump's election lawsuits.
I'm also looking forward to not having to hear from Mr. Noun, Verb, 911 again. On the other hand, I read that Kate McKinnon might be leaving "SNL" after this season. If so, I will miss her.

I could stop here, but then I'd have the same three videos in the same order as Tengrain at Mock, Paper, Scissors, so I'm adding Dave Chappelle Stand-Up Monologue as a bonus.

Dave Chappelle talks about the 2020 election, COVID-19 and Donald Trump.
It took a while for Dave Chappelle to get to the election, but it was worth it. On the other hand, I wish he wasn't smoking on stage. Sigh.

Since I have a video of Chappelle in which he mentions his Netflix specials, I'm going to congratulate him on the Emmy wins for for "Dave Chappelle: Sticks & Stones": Outstanding Variety Special (Pre-Recorded), Outstanding Directing for a Variety Special, and Outstanding Writing for a Variety Special. As I wrote in For National Presidential Joke Day, I present the variety talk show nominees at the Emmy Awards, "Wow! No matter who wins, Netflix does as well. As for who I'd bet on, it would be between Dave Chappelle and Patton Oswalt." It was Chappelle. Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to a break from the election here. Whether my next post will be about entertainment or the COVID-19 pandemic, I don't know yet. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment