Saturday, September 25, 2021

Trevor Noah and Samantha Bee describe the lesser known effects of climate change

I closed Seth Meyers and James Corden team up for Climate Night "I plan on posting at least one more entry about Climate Night. Stay tuned." I decided to conclude with one final post featuring Climate Night materiaol, beginning with The Consequences of Climate Change You May Not Know About | The Daily Show.

We’re all familiar with the major effects of climate change, but a hotter Earth creates lots of smaller changes too: more female turtles, worse-tasting coffee, scary space junk and even less sex.
When I wrote "I've mentioned how climate change will affect coffee at least twice, but this is the first funny look at that outcome. It won't be the last" in Colbert and Kimmel kick off Climate Night, that's because I had already watched this clip. In fact, it was the first Climate Night monologue I saw. Behold the power of the YouTube algorithm!

Samantha Bee covered another little-known effect of climate change in Climate Change’s Dirty Little Secret: Sewage.

If you thought climate change was sh*tty, just wait until you hear about this extremely pressing climate change issue that no one’s talking about! That’s right, we need to discuss our nation’s sewage system.
While I didn't mention sewage in Detroit floods while the Pacific Northwest bakes in record temperatures, sewage overflows and backups were a major part of the flood damage in A billion dollar trash day. I was lucky that it didn't ruin anything in my basement at the time.

Since I want to share some sustainable actions, here's a bonus video featuring one of my heroes, Dr. Jane Goodall on the Environmental Importance of Planting Trees (Extended) | The Tonight Show.

Dr. Jane Goodall talks about her new campaign Trees for Jane and her new book The Book of Hope: A Survival Guide for Trying Times.
I think this is a good idea to combat climate change and improve the environment in other ways, as Dame Jane explains.

This concludes my coverage of Climate Night. Stay tuned for the Sunday entertainment feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment