Tuesday, December 10, 2013

E-Cigs: A 21st Century health issue

In 21st Century crime scenes from KPBS, I reminded everyone that technology is providing new opportunities to run afoul of the law in ways that were in science fiction 20-30 years ago. Now, I wish to remind everyone that technology is causing new health issues as well through the the invention of e-cigarettes.  KPBS has the story in E-Cigarettes: Safe Alternative To Smoking Or Gateway To Nicotine Addiction?

Electronic cigarettes are catching fire nationwide. E-cigarettes offer the sensation of smoking, without burning tobacco. These battery-operated devices heat up liquid nicotine, and turn it into vapor. Users say they're a lot safer than smoking cigarettes. But KPBS Health Reporter Kenny Goldberg says public health experts aren't so sure.
For the text version, read E-Cigarettes: Safe Alternative To Smoking Or Gateway To Nicotine Addiction? By Kenny Goldberg.  For what it's worth, one of my students is presenting on this topic this week, maybe even tonight.  I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I really agree with you my dear. For me, it's a brilliant concept. We are lived in modern society that is fully technical based. E-cigarettes offer the sensation of smoking, without burning tobacco, which is good for the health as compare to original cigar products. If you want some other Mystic Battery then, please visit our website and get the details or information as per your requirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I really agree with you my dear" Not if you're spamming e-cigarettes. I don't like smoking and think this is still a way to get people addicted to nicotine. Still, your comment is on topic, so it stays.

      Delete