Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Bowl drinks from Tipsy Bartender


It's Super Bowl Sunday, so today's entertainment entry is ostensibly about sports instead of movies, television, or music, although I managed to combine the two last year with Predictions vs. reality for Katy Perry at the Super Bowl.  This year, I'm going to take a cue from Paul W., who mentioned about the topic he most associates with my blog:
So I need to point out, as this is the Internet, LINKS are everything around here. They link to me, I link to them, people can follow through those links to new and exciting places that offer up drink recipes and NSFW comments about crazy Republicans.
Super Bowl drink recipes it is.  Of course, they're from Tipsy Bartender.

Skyy began this year's suggestions with Panthers vs Broncos Super Bowl Jungle Juice with the assistance of Nikki Limo and Inna the Russian.

A jungle juice for each of the Super Bowl teams, Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers. Each of these jungle juices cost less than $50!
...
DENVER BRONCOS JUNGLE JUICE
2 (1.75L) Vodka
1 (.75L) Malibu Rum
6 (2L) Orange Soda
Oranges
Blackberries

CAROLINA PANTHERS JUNGLE JUICE
2 (1.75L) Vodka
1 (.75L) Peach Schnapps
3 (1 Gal) Polar Blast Hawaiian Punch
Blueberries
Blackberries
Limes
I'm old enough to remember when the nickname of the Broncos defense was the Orange Crush, so if were making the first recipe, I'd use that instead of Sunkist.

Follow over the jump for three more recipes.

The other Super Bowl recipe Skyy posted this year was for Drunken Football Lime Cups with Anjela as his assistant.

We made these cool cocktails inside limes carved as footballs! Perfect for Super Bowl Sunday!
...
DRUNKEN FOOTBALL CUPS
Pink Vodka:
Carved Lime
1 oz (30ml) Vodka
2 oz (60ml) Pink Lemonade
Splash Grenadine
Ice
Blend

Sky Blue:
Carved Lime
1 oz (30ml) UV Blue
1 oz (30ml) Blue Curacao
2 oz (60ml) Sprite
Ice
Blend

Sunlight Margarita:
Carved Lime
1 oz (30ml) Tequila
1 oz (30ml) Lemonade
2 oz (60ml) Orange Juice
Ice
Blend
That's a recipe that can be used year after year.

Now for the beer lovers, Skyy and Whitney Adams construct a Super Bowl Beer Tower.

Guaranteed to make your Superbowl party the best on the block... SUPERBOWL BEER TOWER!
...
SUPER BOWL BEER TOWER
Cheap Beer
Coupe Style Plastic Champagne Glasses
As soon as I saw this video last year, I knew that I'd use it this year.

Finally, here's a recipe belonging to a video that I'm keeping in reserve for next year.  I'm an environmentalist; not only do I recycle, I conserve my resources.


Drink responsibly while watching The Big Game!

5 comments:

  1. just get a drink made to have on hand for next year's Bucs - Browns... uh, Bucs - Texans... um, Bucs - Jets... no no... Bucs - Bengals Super Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me why I was so glad that the Bucs were moved out of the old NFC Central into the NFC South. The Lions have enough trouble with the NFC North teams as it is!

      Delete
  2. Just doin' our part for the Blogroll Amnesty... that and inebriation during sporting events. Or debating events. Whichever comes first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to do my part in both. Thanks for adding PM Carpenter's Commentary to your blogroll on my suggestion. I'll have to make him and Infidel753 the subjects of my next blog recommendation entries.

      Delete
  3. So, who did you root for in the Super Bowl, spammer?

    ReplyDelete