Thursday, March 9, 2023

Colbert and Meyers take closer looks at Tucker Carlson and Fox News

While I was busy celebrating Purim, Holi, and International Women's Day, the late-night talk show hosts were busy with the Fox News-Dominion lawsuit and especially Tucker Carlson. I begin with Stephen Colbert's monologue from last night, Tucker Carlson Is The Biggest Hypocrite At Fox News | Oklahoma Loves Marijuana.

The Dominion lawsuit against Fox News has revealed that Tucker Carlson publicly supported the former president while privately despising him. Elsewhere, Oklahomans rejected an effort to legalize recreational use of marijuana.
Not a bad parody of "Oklahoma," although that's not why I'm sharing this video. I'm here to share the mocking of Carlson's selective editing of the January 6th footage and his hypocrisy over "The Big Lie," which Seth Meyers also examined in Tucker Carlson Said He Hates Trump "Passionately" in Bombshell Court Filing: A Closer Look.

Seth takes a closer look at new bombshell text messages that reveal what Fox News hosts like Tucker Carlson really say about Trump in private.
Both Colbert and Meyers pointed out Carlson's hypocrisy. They also reinforced a point I've been making since 2012, when I posted Projection is the Right's favorite defense mechanism. Fox News is and was doing exactly what it accused its competition of being and doing, a major media company lying to its viewers.

I returning to Colbert for the previous night's monologue, Tucker’s Transparent Jan 6th Propaganda | Feds Nab Spider-Nazi | Kari Lake May Be T****’s VP Pick.

Tucker Carlson used the Jan 6th footage he got from House Speaker Kevin McCarthy to cherry-pick innocuous clips in an attempt to rewrite what we all saw happen with our own eyes that day. Elsewhere, federal authorities arrested their 1000th insurrectionist, and failed Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake may be the former president’s running mate in 2024.
I must not leave out Kevin "Pickled Tongue" McCarthy's role in making Carlson's whitewashing of January 6th possible, which even Mitch McConnell objected to. He's certainly living down to my nickname for him.

These videos remind me of my response to my friend Nebris's comment to Jon Stewart examines the problem with Fox News.
BTW, your comment reminds me that I should post John Oliver's video about [Carlson]. Also, did you know that his dad was head of the Voice of America during the closing years of the Cold War? Broadcasting propaganda runs in the family.
That's on my to-do list. In the meantime, stay tuned for anniversaries of the pandemic arriving in Michigan, the Fukushima triple disaster, Daylight Saving Time beginning, the Razzies winners, and highlights of this week's "Saturday Night Live" episode. Busy, busy, busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment