Sunday, April 13, 2014

Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Late Night for Apophis Day


I promised to celebrate Apophis Day in Space News for the second and third year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News, a promise I repeated in The Archdruid and I talk real estate.  I'm following through by posting clips of Neil DeGrasse Tyson's appearance on Late Night with Seth Myers to promote Cosmos.  Since Cosmos is on tonight, that's an added bonus for my Sunday night entertainment-themed entry about one of my usual topics.

First, Myer's interview of Dr. Tyson.

Cosmos, comic books and alternate universes with Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Next, a sketch with Planet Pluto upset about being demoted.

Former planet Pluto confronts Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Happy Apophis Day to all, even Pluto!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That skit is a demonstration of the pathos and bathos that also inhabit comedy--that, and how Pluto stood in for all the people who disapproved of the decision, regardless of the scientific merits.

      Delete