Monday, August 18, 2014

'Face Your Food': Student sustainability video festival 24


After featuring trailers for two films, "No Impact Man" and "Tapped," that my students reviewed for extra credit, I'm returning to videos that they used in their presentations.  Here is the first video used in a presentation this semester, Peter Dinklage: Face Your Food.

"Game of Thrones" actor and longtime vegetarian Peter Dinklage narrates "Face Your Food," revealing the ugly truth about that meal on your table and how it got there.
It's no secret that I don't take PETA seriously, but I will give them credit when they have a point, especially when it reinforces one of mine.  In this case, it's one of Commoner's Laws, "There Is No Such Thing as a Free Lunch."  As I wrote in my worksheet to Food Inc., I mean it quite literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment