Saturday, June 27, 2015

Good news from the Supreme Court this week


Yesterday's ruling to overturn bans on same-sex marriage was the culmination of a legal battle that began with A song for marriage equality in Michigan and continued through Another victory for marriage equality, Another good day for marriage equality in Michigan, and U.S. Supreme Court to hear Michigan marriage equality case.  It made one of the two predictions I made in Meanwhile, at the bottom of the ballot come true.
Two years ago, I told one of my students that there would be two changes in his lifetime propelled by his generation--marijuana legalization and marriage equality.
One down, one to go.

The other major decision this week was the final defeat of King vs. Burwell, which preserved the Affordable Care Act.  That's also good news, the likes of which hasn't been seen since I posted Reaction to the Supreme Court decision on the Affordable Care Act three years ago.




For those of my readers who like the decisions, I offer Professor Farnsworth saying Good News Everyone, which I first featured in Farnsworth video meme.


For those who don't, here's a Free E-Card.


More good news happened this week outside the Supreme Court, which Infidel753 summarized with pictures in It's been a good week.  I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment