Sunday, June 14, 2015

Presenting the colors for Flag Day


A spammer left a comment on A drum corps 4th of July this morning, which prompted me to wish him a Happy Flag Day.  That reminded me that I should celebrate this patriotic holiday as well.  Since I like giving a drum corps spin on holidays, I should do it for this one as well.

On that note, I give my readers American Drum and Bugle Corps Flag Presentations Old School Style by Roy Perez.

The Drum and Bugle Corps of the early years sponsored and judged by the American Legion or VFW had to present the American Flag in a special "Color-Pre" in the marching field show. Watch and listen to the roar of applause of the crowds as the Anaheim Kingsmen 2007 Alumni and Chicago Royal Airs 2002 Alumni present the Color Pre of years past Drum Corps Old School Style, along with the Casper Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps, Stockton Commodores Drum and Bugle Corps, Argonne Rebels Drum and Bugle Corps, Garfield Cadets Drum and Bugle Corps of the 1960's and 1970's.
Also the 1970 27th Lancers.

For those of my readers who like a more modern corps, I'm sharing Troopers 2014 Closer - "America The Beautiful" while it lasts.  It may not be here for July 4th.  If it is, I'll be a good environmentalist and recycle.

Troopers Drum and Bugle Corps from Casper, Wyoming (2014)
"A People's House"
Stay tuned for the Sunday entertainment entry, which will be about how "Jurassic World" dominated the weekend box office.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several posts about Holi and you're welcome to post your spam there. Here, I will just delete it as off-topic.

      Delete