Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Melania Trump: Rickrolling and Plagiarism


"Excuse me, I'm going to watch 'Young Za Za Gabor' AKA Melania Trump speak." So read the Facebook status I left last night when I went from one screen to another to watch what I expected to be the highlight of last night's session of the Republican National Convention. I was not disappointed and got more entertainment value than I was expecting. To begin with, Mrs. Trump rickrolled the audience.


I caught that instance of copying at the time, but I didn't catch the next one until after the speech: Comparing Melania Trump and Michelle Obama's speeches.

At least one passage in Melania Trump's speech Monday night at the Republican National Convention plagiarized Michelle Obama's speech to the Democratic National Convention in 2008.
I should have been appalled at this. Instead, it amused me even more. Thanks to Melania, I've had my daily dose of irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment