Monday, April 1, 2013

Nablopomo for April: Fresh


This month's theme looks good to me.
FRESH

Spring is here in the Northern Hemisphere, which brings with it a fresh start for nature. Many people use this time to create a fresh start for themselves too, taking on new projects and cleaning up old spaces. How are you going to make the things in your life -- including blogging -- fresh and interesting this year?

This month, we're going to explore nature through writing, talk about our green thumbs, and pass along tips for spring cleaning. Who knows -- you may just get inspired to get outside or spend some time on a farm, not only getting healthy, but also building up experiences to unfold in blog posts.
...
So start thinking about fresh starts and sign up for April's NaBloPoMo.
This is right up my alley. In fact, I even like the first two weeks of writing prompts.
Monday, April 1, 2013
Which environmental cause is closest to your heart and why?

Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Compare yourself to an element of nature and explain how that part of the environment captures some aspect of your personality.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Have you ever been camping? Tell us about a memorable trip.

Thursday, April 4, 2013
Tell us about your favourite hike you've ever been on.

Friday, April 5, 2013
Write a thank you note to the earth or Mother Nature.

Monday, April 8, 2013
Do you own a garden? What do you grow?

Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Talk about a time you were on a farm.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Do you have a green thumb?

Thursday, April 11, 2013
Which natural resource do you worry about the most?

Friday, April 12, 2013
How do you interpret the words "live simply?"
I could do something on topic for this blog for all of these. Too bad that the prompts don't continue in this vein for the rest of the month. Instead, they're about spring cleaning and fresh starts. I'm not big on the first and the second, well, I'm a little too big on for my own good, although Detroit could certainly use one.

As for the answer to the first prompt's question, my favorite causes used to be biodiversity and air pollution, but that was before I committed myself to Detroit. Now it would some combination of energy, food, and water, three topics I emphasize in my teaching. If I had to pick one out of those three, it would be energy, particular green energy. The one thing that connects my old and new environmental interests is climate change, which lies at the intersection of energy and air pollution.

In any event, exploring nature and green thumbs works really well for me in this blog. I even have a fresh start of my own to write about, along with all the efforts to revive Detroit that I've been monitoring since March 2011. Here's to my actually getting around to following through.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best on this month's NaBloPoMo. I noticed that some of the prompts I will pass on. However, about 10 that I will be using, hopefully I can find something to write about on those others days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and wishing me well. You're the first person to find my blog from NaBloPoMo and leave a comment without me finding them first. Good luck to you, and may you always find something to write about!

      Delete