Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Verge Science and Seeker on Mars InSight

I'll take a break from the Saturn Awards to return to reality tomorrow.  Right now, I'm planning an an entry about the latest Mars lauch.  Stay tuned.
So I ended 'Black Panther' vs. 'Wonder Woman' at the Saturn Awards for a late Free Comic Book Day and so I shall proceed.

I begin with Verge Science reporting NASA's InSight spacecraft just launched to Mars.

NASA’s InSight spacecraft just launched to Mars. Equipped with cutting edge instruments to study Mars’ crust, mantle, and core, InSight will provide a never-before-seen look at the red planet’s inner workings. The Verge’s Loren Grush visited Vandenberg Air Force Base for the launch, which marks the beginning of InSight’s six-month journey to Mars.
That video did a good job of conveying the experience, but did not explain the science as well.  For that, I'm turning to Seeker's NASA Just Launched a Mission to Mars to Dig Deep Inside the Planet’s Core.

NASA just sent a robotic probe on a mission to Mars! Here’s what it’ll explore.
That looks like great science that I can use in my geology classes — next year.  Here's to Mars InSight succeeding so the wait is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment