Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Colbert and Kimmel recap the opening of Episode 3, Season 4 of 'The Worst Wing'

Like watching a train wreck, I can't keep my eyes off the continuing saga of "The Worst Wing."  Yesterday, I posted Meyers and Colbert preview Episode 3, Season 4 of 'The Worst Wing' — the impeachment trial begins.  Today, I checked in with Stephen again, whose monologue's title, Trump Flees To Switzerland While His Impeachment Trial Kicks Off In The Senate, perfectly encapsulated the main events.

Is breaking the law illegal? Now that President Donald Trump's impeachment trial is underway in the Senate, we may soon find out.
Cipollone personified the old adage "If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts. If you have the law on your side, pound the law. If you have neither on your side, pound the table."  Cipollone literally pounded the table in that clip.  As for the content of his comments, my friend Nonnie at Hysterical Raisins was less than impressed.


I'm surprised Nonnie didn't make his nose longer.

Before I move on, I'll agree with Stephen; Cipollone could have used a thesaurus.

While Stephen mentioned President Trump going to Switzerland, he didn't quote him or show clips.  That wasn't the case with Jimmy Kimmel in his monologue last night, Trump Impeachment Begins & Pedestrians Lie Again.

We celebrate our 3,000th show, Jimmy reads terrible reviews of our first show ever, all one hundred United States Senators took an oath swearing 'impartial justice' in the impeachment trial, questions linger about whether the Senate will vote to call witnesses, a Conservative Political Action Committee called 'American Action Network' is running commercials with the same actress claiming to be a teacher in multiple states, Trump attended the world economic forum in Davos, Switzerland, and we went out on the street for a new impeachment edition of #LieWitnessNews.
Damn, that's a long sentence, but it adequately summarizes the monologue.

I really should say more about Trump's dismissive comments about the environment, but I'll save that for another time.  Instead, I'll note that LieWitness News shows that voters need to be better educated, or at least street smart enough to know when they are being punked.  Sigh.

Stay tuned to watch more of the train wreck of "The Worst Wing."  I know I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment