Sunday, January 26, 2020

Samantha Bee on the first week of Trump's impeachment trial

It's time to return to my continuing coverage of the impeachment story arc of "The Worst Wing" that I interrupted for the Doomsday Clock, Lunar New Year, and Coffee Party USA's 10th birthday for this week's Sunday entertainment feature.*

I begin with a video from Samantha Bee that Infidel 753 linked to today, The Impeachment Trial: Show Us Parnas’ Receipts.

Donald Trump’s impeachment trial has begun, and as expected, Republicans continue their attempts to hide evidence and undermine witnesses, including Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnas, a man with as many receipts as a grandma on Christmas morning.
While the first half doesn't cover territory much different from what Stephen Colbert said last week, the second half shifts to Trump's defense, which the other comedians have said little about other than making fun of Alan Dershowitz.  That makes for a good introduction to the phase of the trial that began Saturday and continues this week.  As I wrote in Samantha Bee takes her turn laughing at the January Democratic debate, she has more time to prepare, makes fun of different things, and has unique jokes in response, which is why I value her comedic perspective.  I hope my readers do, too.

*It was this, SNL, or the Grammy Awards and Bee was the easiest.  Posting two entries yesterday took more out of me than I thought.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pinku,

    I hope things are good with you.

    KD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, K-Dog! I'm good. Thanks for dropping by. How are you doing?

      Delete