I'm deferring to the judgment of Gold Derby editors Christopher Rosen and Joyce Eng for animation as well as their picks for all the other categories I've already covered in Emmy Experts slugfest: Our 2022 Creative Arts predictions -- Night 1.
Gold Derby editors and Experts Christopher Rosen and Joyce Eng share their predictions for the first night of the 74th Primetime Creative Arts Emmys on Saturday, Sept. 3, which is all about unscripted and nonfiction fare. Will RuPaul seven-peat in Best Reality Host? Can Sir David Attenborough hold off Barack Obama in Best Narrator? (Night 2 predictions coming on Aug. 30.)I generally agree with Rosen and Eng on the winners and I'm not even going to bother making my own picks for live and recorded variety specials. I'll just concur that "Arcane" will win Outstanding Animated Program, "Love, Death & Robots" will take home the statuette for Outstanding Short Form Animated Program, and Maya Rudolph will three-peat for Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance. In anticipation, here's the Twitter image promoting her nomination.
By the way, both "Arcane" and "Love, Death, and Robots" have already won juried awards for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation. "Arcane" earned three and "Love, Death & Robots" took home one. Joining them are "The Boys Presents: Diabolical" and "The House" with one each. Congratulations!
I'll be back with the Night 2 video to wrap up my coverage of the 74th Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards. Stay tuned.
Previous posts about the 2022 Emmy Awards
- 'Teenage Dream' and 'The Lost Class' — two PSAs about gun violence nominated for Outstanding Commercial at the 2022 Emmy Awards
- Barack Obama nominated for Outstanding Narrator of 'Our Great National Parks' at the 2022 Emmy Awards
- 'Lucy and Desi' leads Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special nominees with six nominations
- 'The Beatles: Get Back,' 'We Need to Talk About Cosby,' and 'Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy' all nominated for five Emmy Awards in nonfiction series
- John Oliver examines inflation plus 'Last Week Tonight's Emmy nominations
- Colbert examines Manchin agreeing to the reconciliation bill that would fight climate change
- Trevor Noah examines Manchin deal, monkeypox, and Russia announcing it will leave the ISS plus six Emmy nominations for 'The Daily Show' and its spinoffs
- Kansas votes to uphold abortion rights as seen by Colbert, Meyers, and Noah
- 'Saturday Night Live' earned ten Emmy nominations plus looks back at the 2021-2022 season
- Desi Lydic, an Emmy-nominated performer, Foxsplains the January 6th Committee Hearings
- 'Cheer' returns, earning three Emmy nominations
- 'Queer Eye' leads structured reality programs with six nominations at the 2022 Emmy Awards
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' leads competition shows with eight nominations plus three more for its spinoffs
- Comedy and tragedy in television movie nominees at the 2022 Emmy Awards