Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Detroit celebrates National Pancake Day 2015


I'm a sucker for holidays, even fake ones.  Today happens to be one such--National Pancake Day.  I'll let Children's Miracle Network Hospitals on YouTube show, not tell, in IHOP National Pancake Day is March 3!

On March 3, 2015, guests from around the country will celebrate a "Decade of Giving" with the tenth annual National Pancake Day at IHOP restaurants and enjoy a free short stack. In return for the free pancakes, guests will be asked to consider leaving a donation for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.
I am not partaking, as my wife and I are on a diet.  Besides, I'm not working this week and decided to stay home while a winter storm passes through.  Others had no such qualms, as WXYZ reported in Woodhaven rallies around National Pancake Day.

The community in Woodhaven used National Pancake Day as an opportunity to drum up support for Beaumont's children hospital. Brad Galli reports from IHOP.
Looks like everyone involved was having fun for a worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment