Thursday, April 25, 2019

ASAPScience on going vegetarian: Student Sustainability Video Festival 80 plus environmental impact for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News


I told my readers to "Stay tuned" at the end of The Verge explains why most Americans support the EPA for Earth Day plus environmental policy for the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News as "I'm not done with top environmental posts from last year.  I expect to post one more installment in this retrospective series for an Earth Week Throwback Thursday."  That's one more environmental retrospective in the series.  I'll have more on other topics beginning tomorrow for a Flashback Friday.

Since the two most read environmental entries not directly about either climate or policy are about food and environmental impact and the more popular of the two is an episode of the Student Sustainability Video Festival series, I'm going to share another video from one of my students' presentations that shows and tells about the impact of food choices on the environment, ASAPScience asking What If The World Went Vegetarian?*

What if everyone became a vegetarian right now?
On the whole, everyone becoming vegetarian would reduce their environmental impact, although it would come with economic and social costs and would not be all good for the environment.  It also might be difficult for former meat eaters, as the companion video Becoming a Vegetarian for 21 Days shows.

We tried to become vegetarians ... FOR SCIENCE!
I'm not surprised that the hosts found going vegetarian hard work, although that's not what deters me.  I'm willing to make the effort for the planet.  Instead, it's the carb-heavy easy way to implement it, which would be bad for my diabetes.  Still, as long as I'm an ovolactarian, which they were, I'd be O.K.  I would get enough animal protein without actually being directly responsible for having an animal killed for my diet and I would still reduce my environmental footprint.

Follow over the jump for the two top entries and how they got their page views.


Seeker/DNews and Vox on food waste: Student Sustainability Video Festival 76 from April 30, 2018 earned 4224 raw page views, enough for it to rank 14th among the entries posted during the eighth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News.  This post had 266 raw page views before being shared to the Coffee Party USA Facebook page at 9:00 P.M. on May 5, 2018.  It earned ~1500 page views in the first two hours and 3304 page views in the first 24 hours after being shared.  It maxed out at 4024 default and 4088 raw page views at 7:59 P.M. on May 29, 2018.  it ended the month with 3795 page views during May 2018, enough for it to rank fourth for the month overall.


20 (20). The 20th most read entry during the eighth year of this blog was Earth Overshoot Day 2018 is the earliest ever from August 1, 2018.  It had 3318 raw page views during the year.  It earned its page views by being shared at the Coffee Party USA Facebook page.  I later shared the link at Ecosophia.net, the Archdruid's blog.  It ended August 2018 with 3062 default page views, ranking it second overall for the month.  It was also the most retweeted with 6 retweets and tied for most likes on Twitter with 5 during August 2018.

I plan on posting the next installment of the retrospective series tomorrow for Flashback Friday on gun control.  Stay tuned.

*In case any of my readers are wondering, I'm correcting final exams.  I post this series when I'm doing that or traveling, as they don't require a lot of analysis or explanation.

Previous posts in this series
Previous retrospectives about environmental threats other than climate.

No comments:

Post a Comment