Wednesday, June 3, 2020

'Last Week Tonight with John Oliver' explains voting by mail

I posted a serious take on voting by mail during the COVID-19 pandemic in CNN and WUSA9 ask why Trump is against voting by mail, so it's time for a comedic one. Fortunately, this Sunday's Last Week Tonight with John Oliver on HBO was about Voting by Mail.

With the 2020 presidential election nearing and a pandemic in full swing, John Oliver discusses why voting by mail is necessary, the fearmongering surrounding it, and why we need to start planning for November right now.
Oliver covers all the same points about voting by mail that Chris Cillizza and Reese Waters made last week and then some and made it funnier. That helps comprehension, as I observed "I learned more from seven minutes of reporting laced with comedy than I did in four clips of straight reporting I embedded in yesterday's post" in Samantha Bee explains how to get away with election interference. I hope it does for my readers, too.

Finally, Oliver loves birds and detests Tucker Carlson. I second these emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment