Monday, June 17, 2019

Seeker asks 'How bad are rocket launches for the environment?'


I am both an environmentalist and a space enthusiast, so I couldn't resist watching and sharing a video about the intersection of my two interests from Seeker, which asks How Bad Are Rocket Launches for the Environment?

From Space-X to Blue Origin, rocket launches have increased tremendously over the past year. How do these numerous launches affect the environment?
The answer is "maybe not as bad as we might think, but we really don't know."  Time for more research.  Since I'm also a scientist, I like that answer.  In the meantime, keep exploring and exploiting space.  Until I find out differently, I think it's worth the energy and resources dedicated to the effort and that its benefits exceed the harms.

No comments:

Post a Comment