Happy Thanksgiving! I'm starting this year's version of Tipsy Bartender drinks for Thanksgiving 2016 by being a good environmentalist and recycling one of my comments on Midweek Cafe and Lounge, Vol. 42.
The night before Thanksgiving is one of the biggest bar nights of the year along with New Year's Eve and St. Patrick's Day. To celebrate, I'm offering Thanksgiving Punch from Tipsy Bartender.
THANKSGIVING PUNCHI concluded my comment by noting that "I have lots more Thanksgiving drinks where those came from, especially if one likes apple and pumpkin pies." That works just as well as a transition here. Follow over the jump for more of this year's Thanksgiving drinks from Tipsy Bartender.
10 oz. (300ml) Apple Vodka
10 oz. (300ml) Pear Vodka
10 oz. (300ml) Cinnamon Whiskey
34 oz. (1020ml) Angry Orchard Cider
13 oz. (390ml) Apple Cider
13 oz. (390ml) Apple Juice
1. Add fruits to base of punch bowl before pouring over alcohols and mixers.
2. Drop in apple slices, pear slices, cinnamon sticks, star anise and cranberries and stir gently.
3. Enjoy responsibly!
Skyy changed the format for his videos last year and it helped, at least in terms of his production of videos of holiday drink recipes. He posted only one recipe each for Halloween and Thanksgiving last year. This year, I included only three drinks in Toast the 'Drum Corpse Bride' for a drum corps Halloween and left out about as many that didn't fit the dry ice theme. The same is true for this year's Thanksgiving, as Skyy has posted ten (!) drink recipes for the holiday. No way am I posting all of them today. I'm using only five. That way I can conserve my resources to hold them in reserve for next year. Like I said, I'm an environmentalist -- reduce, reuse, recycle.
I resume the recipes with Pumpkin Pie Pudding Shots.
Here's the recipe:Continuing with pumpkin recipes one eats as much as drinks for dessert, I present Pumpkin Pie Bourbon Shake.
PUMPKIN PIE PUDDING SHOTS
1 1/2 oz. (45ml) Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
1 1/2 oz. (45ml) Cinnamon Whiskey
3 oz. (90ml) Milk
1/2 Packet Butterscotch Pudding
1/2 Tub Whipped Topping Graham Cracker Crumbs
Garnish: Whipped Cream/Sprinkles
1. Add graham cracker crumbs to base of disposable cup and set aside.
2. Add pudding mix, milk, cinnamon whiskey and pumpkin spice liqueur to small bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Fold in cool whip, combine and spoon into small cups. Place in fridge to set.
4. Before serving top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Enjoy responsibly!
PUMPKIN PIE BOURBON SHAKENow for the apple pie recipes, beginning with Warm Apple Pie.
1 oz. (30ml) Bourbon
3/4 oz. (22.5ml) Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
Vanilla Ice Cream
Garnish: Graham Cracker Crumbs/Whipped Cream/Sprinkles
1. Rim edge of glass with graham cracker crumbs. Set aside.
2. Add ice cream, bourbon and pumpkin spice liqueur to blender and combine until smooth.
3. Pour mix into prepared glass and top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Enjoy responsibly!
WARM APPLE PIEI conclude today's selection of pie drink recipes with an Apple Pie Float.
2 oz. (60ml) Rum
8 oz. (240ml) Apple Cider
Garnish: Whipped Cream/Ground Cinnamon
1. Add apple cider and cinnamon sticks to a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Strain out cinnamon sticks and stir in rum.
3. Pour mix into glass and top with whipped cream and ground cinnamon. Enjoy responsibly!
APPLE PIE FLOATHappy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoyed the parades and remember to vote for Southgate Anderson in WDIV's Battle of the Bands.
1 oz. (30ml) Cinnamon Whiskey
1 oz. (30ml) Vanilla Vodka
5 oz. (150ml) Apple Cider
Vanilla Ice Cream
Garnish: Cinnamon Stick/Cinnamon
1. Add vodka, whiskey and cider to an ice filled shaking glass. Shake to mix.
2. Strain mix into serving glass and top with ice cream.
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and garnish accordingly. Enjoy responsibly!